Francis Ngannou challenged and fought the undisputed heavyweight champion of boxing Tyson Fury, tightly loosing through split decision.
Despite loosing, the Cameroonian is being celebrated across the world as the real winner of the evening.
Before becoming a pro, Francis had an uneasy life growing up in his country of Cameroon. Despite his poor beginnings, he fought his name into lips of everyone across the globe and he’s getting celebrated.
Here are key points on Francis Ngannou Grass-to-Grace story
• Born in Batie, Cameroon
• Ate food from the trash
• Started physical labor at 10
• Fled to Paris to chase his dream
• Arrested 6x crossing borders
• Slept on streets in Paris
• Signed with UFC in 2015
• Became UFC Heavyweight Champion
But then Ngannou left the UFC for a multi-million-dollar deal with the PFL that included:
• High 7-figure per fight guarantee
• $2M guarantee for his opponents
• A share of each event’s net profits
• Freedom to box & sign sponsors
• Equity in the PFL & Chairman of PFL Africa
Ngannou went toe-to-toe with the heavyweight champion of the world in his FIRST EVER boxing match, losing to Tyson Fury by split decision.